As we know, Chase has a horrible time teething, he won't eat, real well, he fusses with his bottle, and he is just uncomfortable. Tonight he was real tired and we started the bedtime routine at around 8, he usually is asleep by 8:30. He wouldn't take his bottle and just wanted to jabber. So after four books, singing and rocking I layed him down. He was awake and started to fuss. I left his room and he whined, not cry, but whined. He continued this for about 10 minutes and then Brad decided to try to get him to take his bottle, which he drank but not all of it. And it didn't matter, he cried when Brad left but only for a few minutes, then silence. We were so happy he fell asleep...so we thought.
A few minutes later..."dadyyyyy" and then fussing, then nothing. We knew he must be playing or something, so we peaked up and the little booger was turning his light on and off. He had figured out how to work the light switch. Obviously his crib is right next to the switch but it hasn't been an issue until this week. He was just turning it "off and on" "off and on". So I just let him play expecting him to just fall asleep. Thirty minutes later...complete silence. I went to his room to check on him and turn off the light. I expected to see a passed out baby soundly sleeping. Nope. Rather he was just sitting there, playing with his feet. He looked up at me and said "nonny" his version of mommy. He was so tired, I was so sad for him. I knew he must be uncomfortable. I tried the bottle again, he wouldn't take it. I tried rocking, singing, swaying and then layed him down...still no sleeping baby.
My last alternative before Motrin/Tylenol...Orajel. Finally, relief. He took his bottle and couldn't fall asleep fast enough. An hour later, 9:23pm to be exact, he was sleeping. I just feel so bad for him that teething is so difficult and painful. With only four teeth, he has how many to go? Great.

1 comment:
Poor bubby! Eli pretty much gives up all solid food when he is teething and then only takes about 1/2 his bottle. I'm sure he gets cranky not only from his teeth hurting but from being hungry also. I've been watching for his other 2 bottom teeth to come in but no sign of them just yet. Have you given any thought about when you are going to take the bottle away. I'm hoping Eli gives it up easy. With him being my last I am ready to get rid of all things baby. I'm sure that's not the same case with you and Chase being your first. I think I held on to everything of Jordan for almost 4 years before I started getting rid of them. I hope Chase feels better soon...maybe do the Motrin early tonight. Motrin is good stuff.
Post a Comment