Monday, February 16, 2009

It is my birthday.

Today was my birthday and my first as a mommy. I would have to say it was one of my best birthdays. My mom loved me so much that she had me on Presidents' Day, well, only every few years. But nonetheless, it is great when you work for a credit union, I had my birthday off and was able to spend it with many special people that I love...Chase, Brad, and my mom.


The morning started early with Chase not letting mommy sleep in, but we didn't want to waste the day in bed anyway. Even so I wanted 10 more minutes of shut eye so I brought Chase into bed with me and gave him his monitor to play with, (it was the only "safe" thing nearby to occupy him for a few more minutes.) However, not very smart in the end. I was peacfully sleeping and WHACK! right in the lip. Yup, Chase decided to "show" me the monitor. Talk about "wake-up" call. I decided then that it was time to get up.


We all got up and dressed for the day. One egg and two egg whites for breakfast with ketchup for me and cereal mixed with prune juice and fruit medley for Chase. After breakfast it was time to finish shampooing the carpet and couch. Yes, shampooing...on my birthday. It was part of my plan to clean every room of the house once a quarter. Chase was crawling all over trying to get the shampooer, funny baby.


The rest of the day kind of went like this...

Snack, bottle and nap for Chase. Mommy worked out, cleaned and put on makeup.

Woke up from nap and off to meet daddy for lunch.

After lunch with daddy, returned the shampooer, drove to Nonnie's.

Picked up Nonnie and off to the mall.

Perused the clearance jackets, nothing cheap enough.

Off to the Shoe Department for a new pair of sneakers.

Drive to Nonnies, drive home.

Eat dinner, Chase anyway.

Daddy gets home and gives me a wonderful, sweet birthday card and tells me to get a jacket on. ??? My b'day gift was outside. So Chase cuddled with me in my jacket and we all headed out, in our slippers, good thing the ground was frozen. Hmmm....what could it be? We walked out the door and turned to my workout room, (A project in the works, converting an outbuilding into my workout room.) What was inside waiting for me? A Gold's Gym weight bench. :) So exciting! I can't wait to put it together and start toning up. He did good. Thanks hun!! XOXO.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday!!! Hope your lip isn't too swollen.

Stacy said...

Happy Birthday! So glad that it was a good one!!