The dogs had free reign of the house all these years, yes, I hate it but that was the way Sierra was raised. Brad and I got her while we were dating and she lived with him. Which meant she was allowed to go anywhere in the house including sleeping with Brad and enjoying the couch. So when we got married 2 years later, I couldn't tell her no and our couch was a hand-me down and frankly I didn't care if she cuddled with us on it. But fast-forward 9 years and a baby later and getting on the couch isn't working anymore. Not only is she just big, but in her old age she is shedding alot, like a new dog every week or should I say day. I hate it, but she's our baby so we just vacuum and sweep, alot.
Back to the baby gate. I really was sick of cleaning/vacuuming the couch and cleaning the hair off of Chase even more so since he is "crawling" all over. So I became a meanie and locked them out. It was pitiful the first few days. Sierra just looked at us in the living room and whined and pouted, then she would go lie on her doggie bed. Eventually she realized she wasn't getting anywhere. Brad kept telling her I was a meanie.
Chase was crawling all over and crawled over to the gate and saw Sierra's ball. Oh my Sierra's ball, that is another story. Let's just say she's addicted. Well, Chase saw it on the "otherside" and wanted to play with it. Which meant that Sierra thought he wanted to play ball. She is such a gentle giant except that she is a big oaf.
I will let the pictures tell the story. 




1 comment:
We are going through the same with our dog and cats. The hair is so aggrevating but yet they live there also. The cats have taken over the crib since Eli doesn't sleep in it. LOL.
So, how many times a day to you have to say "Chase, no" "Chase, stay out of there" ? I feel like that is all that Eli hears. Poor boy but he is into everything.
Post a Comment