Thursday, February 5, 2009

Happy 9 Month Chase!

Dear baby boy,

Today you turned 9 months! Yes, 9 months already! I can't believe how fast these past 9 months have gone by. You continue to grow so fast and learn new things everyday. In just one month you've done so much...

You started to pull yourself up.

You're on formula full time. This was pretty hard for mommy. But now daddy can feed you too and mommy can sleep a little more at night. :)

You've tried graham crackers and absolutely LOVE them. You also like puffs and your biter biscuits.

You give daddy high-five, just about everytime daddy says "High-Five", you slap his hand. Daddy loves it.


You put the blocks in the giraffe's mouth and watch them slide down. Mommy took many pictures of you doing this but you would never do it when she tried to get you on video.


You are wearing mostly 12 month size clothes.


We're still waiting for your two top teeth to come in. Miss Gracie already has hers.


You got your first "real" haircut. Meaning instead of just trimming your hair, mommy got out the hair clippers and cut your hair. It changed your whole appearance so much that mommy was shocked. You didn't look like a baby anymore, but more like a toddler.
Before

Halfway there...
End result...kind of. You were way tired and sick of getting your hair cut.
You like to get into mommy's stuff when you're in your Jeep walker. I had to go around at your level to see what other mischief you could get into.


You love to help mommy change the sheets. This means jumping on the bed and playing lots of peek-a-boo.


Everyday you have this face that is truly your own. You scrunch up you nose and snort. You do this when you are excited, but sometimes when you are mad you start to scrunch up your nose but you don't snort. This is definitely a signature Chase face.


You love the new "light-up" sneakers that nonnie got you. The soles have fake cut out wheels that light up when you walk. You thought they were pretty cool.
It's just amazing on how fast you have grown and turned into a little person with your own personality. You love animals, especially the kitty cat. Unfortunately Baxter doesn't love you just as equally, but he tolerates your petting and pulling...for awhile.

Everyday is an amazing day and I love watching you learn and explore. I just can't believe that in just three short months you will be ONE year! Wow! Where did it go. Your such an amazing little boy and I love you so very much. Even when you've had a rough night and end up in bed with mommy. That's ok though...I love to cuddle.

2 comments:

carrie said...

He is so beautiful ( in a boyish way) and looks like a doll! I heard from my sister he really is as sweet and good tempered as you post. Perhaps someday we will meet :)

Stacy said...

Isn't it amazing when you stop and think just a few more months and we will be having the 1st birthday party? It just blows my mind that 9 months have already passed with these boys. They are a true blessing though. I love watching how each day is something new to them. I watched Eli actually crawl into the other room to play with his toys this morning. He has never done that before. It caught me off guard for a second that he knew where to go and not just to get into something. Normally he crawls around and finds anything to mess with. Whether it's a magazine, one of Brooklyn's toys, a shoe, an animal, the dog food or the water (his personal favorite). I love there personality at this age. I miss him being a baby but they start doing things that are so much fun that sometimes it's worth them growing up. Happy 9 months Chase and I hope it's a great one.