We have quite the ritual established for Chase's bedtime. If it's not a bath night we start with a 2-3 animal cookies and he snacks on them while we read 2-3 books, always ending with Goodnight Moon. Which is ironic. I never heard of this book until Chase received two copies at my baby shower. He looooves the book. I thought this odd because I didn't see why this book was such a classic but he does love it. As we read it, he says "Nee.Nee" to the kitties, balloon, cow, stars and the bunny. He just listens and turns the pages, sometimes turning them faster than I can read, thank goodness they are short lines.


After Goodnight Moon, we go downstairs to brush his teeth, he only gets a snack if he didn't eat a good dinner otherwise we skip the snack and brush the teeth then read. Anyway, after brushing his teeth, which he has to do himself, of course, we then get his "D" which if you have forgotten is his drink. Oh, I forgot to mention the bottle went to bottle heaven on July 10. It just kind of happened, well I guess when you stay the night at Grammy's house and forget the bottle, you just make do and never bring it back.
So we grab his D and go back upstairs to sing and pray. Sometimes he is so tired he doesn't even want to sing, he points to his crib and says "Nee. Nee". So I lay him in his crib and say our goodnight prayers and off to sleep la la land he goes, with his D wrapped under his arm. And don't worry, only water in his D at all times during the night. I don't want him to have rotten teeth from drinking juice at night.
I say sleep la la land but in actuality that's not true. He is an awful sleeper or maybe just a very light sleeper. He wakes up at least once during the night and sometimes we have to go in and console him because he is standing in his crib. Very rough, that's for sure. Right now his top two molars are popping through so it's that much more of restless nights, Motrin or not.
Here's to a restful Nee. Nee. tonight.

Chase 5 months old...Nee. Nee.
2 comments:
I love baby sleeping pictures. He's so sweet.
Aw, Dawn. That is just so sweet. I love the "nee.nee."
Post a Comment