The first night was pretty uneventful. We unloaded, set up the canopies and while the boys cooked the hamburgers for dinner, Katie and I took the kids for a bike ride to find the beach. The kids just hung out in the bike trailer as we did a quick tour. We headed back as the boys were patiently waiting for us, oops. We enjoyed hamburgers and macaroni salad for supper. And before we knew it it was time to put the kiddos to bed. Well, this is what I was dreading, a new bed and new place for Chase.
Monday, September 7, 2009
1,000 Islands Day 1
Back in August, 8/19-8/22, we took our first official family vacation....we went camping to the 1,000 Islands with the D's. We borrowed my parents camper, Brad doesn't like to tent and frankly with a 15 month old, I wouldn't have wanted to either. Katie and Jeff also had a camper which worked out great.
We arrived Wednesday afternoon at Wellesley Island State Park. It is a huge campground and absolutely beautiful. The loop we stayed at is fairly new so there wasn't much shade but there was plenty of open mowed field for the kids to run. We had an EZ-up so that gave us some shelter from the sun when needed. 


The first night was pretty uneventful. We unloaded, set up the canopies and while the boys cooked the hamburgers for dinner, Katie and I took the kids for a bike ride to find the beach. The kids just hung out in the bike trailer as we did a quick tour. We headed back as the boys were patiently waiting for us, oops. We enjoyed hamburgers and macaroni salad for supper. And before we knew it it was time to put the kiddos to bed. Well, this is what I was dreading, a new bed and new place for Chase.
We had the fan and air conditioner going for sound and put up a sheet to make his own "room." It worked pretty well. But he did wake up once during the night, I just got up and rubbed his back and out he went. This became a nightly routine over the next few days.
The first night was pretty uneventful. We unloaded, set up the canopies and while the boys cooked the hamburgers for dinner, Katie and I took the kids for a bike ride to find the beach. The kids just hung out in the bike trailer as we did a quick tour. We headed back as the boys were patiently waiting for us, oops. We enjoyed hamburgers and macaroni salad for supper. And before we knew it it was time to put the kiddos to bed. Well, this is what I was dreading, a new bed and new place for Chase.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment