Thursday, January 1, 2009

Sleeping thru the night. Amen.

History has taken place at our home this week...Chase slept through the night. Well, he slept for 6.5 hours straight. It's absolutely amazing, wonderful, joyous...I could go on forever. I was almost in tears when I woke up and saw what time it was. I had to look twice. The past two nights he has been doing well but I didn't want to say anything so I wouldn't jinx myself. He has learned how to self-soothe. We would let him cry for 10 minutes, then check on him and talk to him, then we would leave again. We kept doing this until he fell asleep...about an hour the first night. Then last night he was sleeping in about 30 minutes, tonight another 30 minutes. I am so thankful and thankful to everyone that was praying for him and me.

But mostly importantly I am so thankful for Brad. He has been amazing in making this happen. He has been home with him the past two weeks and really working with him. I am currently weaning Chase and I think this has helped because Brad can help in putting him to bed as well. I am so happy words really cannot explain. Chase is almost 8 months old and I have not had 6.5 hours of sleep since before he was born. My body was accustomed to functioning on 3-4 hours at a time. But now....I don't know. I guess I will now be getting my Beauty Sleep. :)

(This was during naptime...I would never compromise nighttime sleep.)
Sleep

Watching you sleep, watching you breathe, a peaceful end to another playful day.
More than a glowing sunset, more than the shining stars, you my little one take my breath away.
Author: Crystal Dawn Perry

3 comments:

Stacy said...

That's awesome! Yes, sleep is very important. Eli does pretty good at self-soothing. I can normally tell if it's not going to happen. Since he shares a room with Brooklyn I can't let him fuss for too long. Then I would have bigger problems with 2 of them up. LOL. Glad you are getting more sleep. :)

♥ Amy said...

So happy for you! That's the kind of thing where you walk around excited all day and you can't remember why. Then when you do remember, you want to tell everyone, but you know they won't really care like you do. Oh, I know that feeling so well. This is one mother rejoicing with another! :)

Michelle said...

Congratulations! David didn't sleep through the night at all until he was 9 months, but then he was pretty consistant. I think it's harder to go from sleeping through the night for a while and then start waking up in the night again. (That last sentence is a little jumbled, but I hope you get my meaning.) It's hard to backtrack. Hope he keeps sleeping through the night for you.