Friday, August 13, 2010

To the parade we go...

Instead of going to the races tonight to watch daddy, I took the boys to the parade with Katie and the kids. I absolutely, positively love going to the races to watch daddy race but it's a lot for me with a two year old and 3 month old. Usually family is there to hold Chase while Callen is in the wrap but if Callen wakes up, then I have to tend to him and can't watch Chase as closely. Plus it is a long night, not getting home until 10 or later. So I made the decision to go to the parade but my heart wanted to go to the race as did Chase's, at first. I've never missed a race when I could go but made the decision not to, but I guess when you have kids, things change.

When I told Chase we were going to go to the parade instead of racing, he says to daddy, "I don't want to do that, I want to watch daddy race." He loves his daddy and racing. But he really didn't know what a parade consisted of and we told him firetrucks were going to be there and he got excited.

So to the parade we went...

He thoroughly enjoyed it, singing, waving, marching, dancing, you name it. He was so excited and loved the firetrucks and marching bands.

No comments: