
They were getting ready for the Tractor Show this weekend but we were the only ones at the park. It was so nice and peaceful. While I was feeding Callen, Chase explored the playground. After awhile he called to me to play, so I changed Callen, laid out a blanket on the grass for him to lay on. Then off we went to play on the teeter totter, swings, slides...you name it, we went on it. But after awhile we went and got Callen and we all got on the swings. Well, Chase played with them and Callen and I swung.
The picture doesn't show it but he really enjoyed the swing.
See he was so relaxed and fell asleep.
After awhile I looked over to the baseball field and thought it would be fun to run the bases with Chase. So we did just that. I showed Chase how to run the bases. He loved it! He loved it so much that he wanted to do it again and again. Finally I told him it was time to go, well kind of. We were going to walk around the park and into the cemetary.

I love to walk in cemetarys. It's kind of peaceful in a weird kind of way. I love reading the old, old gravestones and trying to think what happened and what it was like back in those days. Each gravestone has a story behind it, as sad as it might be.Have you ever tried to explain to a two year old what a cemetary is? All through the cemetary."What's that?" Gravestone. "What's a gravestone?" "What's a cemetary?" "What do they do here?" Let's just say I really didn't answer but tried to change the subject. "Look at that beautiful flower."
But then we walked by a gravestone with lots of flowers, stuffed animals and such. "I want that. I want the doggie." No honey you can't have those. Interesting walk to say the least.
After our stroll through the park and cemetary, we headed back to town to get ice cream but when we got there, they didn't open until 3pm, phooey. And we couldn't go to Mark's because it's just too cumbersome to maneuver a stroller up a step and through a door, so we just went home.
But we had fun nonetheless and both the boys were pooped. Days like these are why I am so appreciative that I can stay home with my boys. These are my memories and now theirs. They won't remember this day but I will and now they will through my eyes.
No comments:
Post a Comment