Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Chase 1st Birthday Celebration 1 of 2

Oh goodness where has time gone. Not just in the past week...busy, busy, but in the past year. I just can't believe that my baby boy is one already. It is absolutely amazing how much he has grown in one short year. From birth to almost walking and talking. It's amazing.
I made his cake for him, of course. It was funfetti in the middle with chocolate on the ends and custard in the middle. The track was asphalt, actually oreo, which made it diffulct to put the stripe on, it kept falling off. Oh well I had a blast making it, even if it wasn't perfect. It was pretty yummy and there were no leftovers.

We celebrated his first birthday on Saturday with many friends and family. There were probably around 40 people with about 1/2 of them being kids, all 10 and under. Crazy, huh? But lots of fun. I knew we were going to have many kids so I tried to plan ahead. After Easter I bought about 36 pre-filled eggs at a great clearance price. And best of all, none of them had candy in them, they all had little neat toys such as bubbles, slimy bugs, little cars and balls. It turned out to be a blast. It broke up the party and gave the kids something fun to do. A definite hit!
After they checked out all their toys it was time to have cake and ice cream. We have been practicing with Chase on how to blow so that he could blow out his candles. It was all planned out, I made Chase his own personal cake to destroy, I mean eat, with his #1 candle. We started singing, well wait, first he started to play with the balloon that was tied to his highchair. He was having a blast, too much apparently because he wouldn't let go to blow out his candle. I tried to take it away and that was a BAD idea. I quickly gave it back.
After the yummy cake it was time for presents. He didn't need anything but of course everyone brought a gift, it was his first birthday afterall. We had his party outside in the garage because we had so many people and it was nice for the kids to be able to run around. So for the presents we threw a big blanket down and most of the kids gathered around as Chase opened his gifts. He loved reading his cards. It was too cute.




1 comment:

Julia said...

I love your cake! I have a desire to make cool cakes and I tried last year with the girls, but they both fell apart, so I'm very impressed when someone can even frost a cake nicely without the cake totally sticking to it.

I love the picture of Chase holding his balloon and then the one of him "reading" his card is too cute! What a fun party.

To answer your question, yes, those pics were all taken with my new lens.