Chase woke up at 3am this morning, he was just whining a little. Brad got up and gave him a "D" and laid him back down. He was quiet and we thought asleep and then he starting whining again. So I was it. I got a sippy cup of warm milk which he wouldn't take so I put it down and then he would point and say "D". After a few times I laid him in his crib, rubbed his back and he was relaxed. I left the room to put his sippy cup in the fridge, and a whole out whail ensued. I gave in and brought him in with us. He was peaceful cuddling with me...for about a minute. It is now 4:30am. He then became unconsolable....forever it seemed. We couldn't get him to "snap out" of it. So Brad took him to his room, turned on the light and started to read books. It worked, he settled down.
It is now 5:00am and he is still awake, as we all are. And mind you, both Brad and I need to get up to work the next morning. Chase is now back in our bed and cuddled next to me falling asleep and Baxter jumps on the bed and meows. Chase sits straight up and yells "kitty". I yell at Baxter and was livid at him for waking semi-asleep Chase. One minute later, Baxter jumped again. And Brad pushed him off the bed and right into the water bowl. "Bradley Michael" I yelled, you don't need to do that. Then Chase started crying because I spoke loudly and Brad did back. So here we are 5:30am in the morning and have been up since 3am. The sun is now rising and the birds are loudly chirping.
Finally 5:45am we are all zonked out only to get up 1.5 hours later.
But the day doesn't end there...night time wasn't as easy tonight. But that will be continued to another day's posting.
And way too exhausted to edit any photos. Good night and hopefully to sleep tight.
1 comment:
OMG you and Brad arguing in the middle of night over the cat sounds just like me and my husband...I had to chuckle. So sorry that you had another rough night. It's bound to get easier...at some point anyway.
Post a Comment