This one is for you Katie.
The other day my best friend and I finally were able to catch up, via phone only, since I am cooped up in the house with both Chase and I sick. But we got chatting and talk about my word and she mentioned her goal or goals for 2009. Instead of a New Year's resolution, which seems to be old school now, she decided that she would set goals for herself each month. It might be something as simple as cleaning out her make up drawer, but when you have a six month old, it can turn out to be a difficult task.
We all have goals/tasks that we would like to accomplish. I've always struggled with starting one task and beginning another before finishing the last one. Then before I would know it, I would have a million unfinished tasks and nothing accomplished. Which resulted in being stressed out because there were so many unfinished projects. Not anymore, I finally realized what I was doing and how it was affecting my life. That is also a goal of mine which so far is going delightfully well.
I have decided to join in the idea, but in addition to monthly goals in the beginning of the year, I also decided that I would attempt to clean my entire house, like a spring clean, but once a quarter. When you have two older dogs that shed a new dog everyday, and a wood stove that loves to dispense dust, it was a decision that needed to be made. Now let's see how I do at accomplishing this new task. With all the sickness and sleepless nights, the first quarter might be difficult. But I have three rooms down, eight more to go.
I am excited about 2009 and my goals and word for the year.
5 comments:
Wow, you have 11 rooms to clean?! I'd never get it all done in a year much less every 3 months. I hope you and Chase feel better soon!
Hope both of you are feeling better soon. I miss Chase's smiling face.
I keep forgetting that we're the same age. I've always thought you were a few years younger than me and I can't seem to break that habit!
Isn't this winter just awful! Poor Chase! Did he have a chance to get over his cold before he got the stomach bug? Gracie was just the opposite. She went straight from puking to having a runny nose and it just kept getting worse. I hope today will be a better day for everyone!
I was thinking of you this morning when I ran across this article (a link from my homepage - news). I am in no way endorsing this site, but this one article is worth reading. http://lifestyle.msn.com/your-life/bigger-picture/staticslideshowglamour.aspx?cp-documentid=15188306>1=32001
Thanks Dawn!:-) You are too kind
Post a Comment