Thursday, January 15, 2009

My poor little man

I am thinking that it is more than just his teeth. My poor little guy has bronchiolitis. :( He started coughing Sunday afternoon and Monday it just got worse adding to his misery a runny nose. Then Tuesday we added a fever and today it was wheezing. So we've been to the doctor's twice this week. He had to use the nebulizer to clear is airways...that was a long 7 minutes. The face mask had an elastic strap to hold it on and in his frusrations he grabbed it and....SNAP! So that just made the 7 minutes even longer. Smart daddy took the strap off while mommy held the mask. But thankfully it helped and he felt better.


I hate it when Chase is sick, what mother doesn't feel awful when their child is suffering. I just know the misery I was in when I caught a really bad cold when I was pregnant and couldn't take anything.


We had another movie night last night at 1:30 am. We watched, well I watched Cinderalla as Chase fidgeted in my lap. So I finally put him on the floor to play with his toys. He was happy once again. Finally he became tired at around 3am and off to bed he went, no problem.


Let's just say I am exhausted after a long day with a sick baby. However, I am very thankful that Chase has such a sweet disposition and great personality. Because even though he is very sick, he is still himself. Jabbering away, laughing and playing. He's such a good boy. I love him so much. Pray for a swift recovery.

This is 2:31 a.m.

And this is Chase at 2:31 a.m. Very happy and content.

4 comments:

Julia said...

Poor thing! Sounds like what Kaleb has, but his just started Wed night. I'll be praying for a quick recovery for both our guys.

carrie said...

The last picture is so funny, at the early hours of the day, happy as a clam. I'm sorry he is so sick, I'll pray for him to heal quickly.Thankfully the weekend is here!!

Michelle said...

I hate sick babies! Wait, let me rephrase that....I hate it when babies are sick. There, that's better. Hope he recovers soon!

Stacy said...

Bless his heart...I hope he gets better soon and you can get some rest. We don't need you getting sick also. :) Cute picture of him playing in the wee hours.