Friday, January 30, 2009

Life is so delicate

Life is so fragile. Learning that a friend in Christ lost their little boy this week really broke my heart and made me thankful for all my blessings and how fragile life is. Being a mother really changes the love that you experience for another human being. I was always told that nothing is like a mother's love. I love my husband dearly, I love my mom, dad, siblings and friends but the love I have for my little man is different. I can't even explain it, it almost scares me sometimes. I don't want anything to happen to him, I hurt when he hurts, I want to take his sickness from him when he's sick, I just love him so much. And I know it's the love that I have for him that had me scared all these years to have children.
When we first brought Chase home we barely slept that first night, as all new parents. Then when he started sleeping in his crib we took everything out so that he couldn't suffocate on anything. We were even afraid that the sheet might be too lose. Thankfully God had angels watching over.

But no matter what, I must remember that he's going to get hurt, and he's going to get sick, but God is in control and the Almighty.


1 comment:

stacy said...

I understand competley what you're saying. I can't count how many nights I've spent holding a sick baby to make sure they keep breathing through the night, or how many times I've leaned over the crib and put my hand on their chest to check for movement just because they'd been sleeping too long.
I truly can't imagine what they are going through. I don't know them well but I do see how many people have them in their prayers and I can see that they have much support. They will need that.