It's so awful to go through. It all started last Sunday and is still ongoing. He no longer needs the nebulizer but he is still congested and runny nose. But it's awful because he doesn't want the bottle...at all. So getting liquids into him is a huge ordeal. It wouldn't have been such an issue but I started to wean him from nursing about 2 weeks or so ago thus resulting in a low supply. But that is all he will drink. We've tried every kind of cup and a medicine syringe, which works great for Pedialyte but not formula. But he continues to have wet diapers so that's wonderful thing.
Last night he was so hungry and I was reading "empty" at 3 am. Daddy tried to console him so I could sleep but finally woke me at 4 am begging for help. He was hungry but wouldn't take the bottle, cup, or syringe, so in the high chair he went and apples/prunes he ate. 5 am he was zonked out.
If only Chase had it easy like his pal Gracie. She does it so gracefully...all of sudden looky there, it's a tooth. Wouldn't that be nice. But as they say...all babies are different. Katie...you're lucky. :)
I will just continue Motrin/Orajel/nursing and a lot of patience and love. Which is easy because he is still himself during the day...happy, jabbering, playing and just all around my Chase.
BTW...did I mention that from my extreme exhaustion, my immume system was weakened and yup, I caught Chase's cold. I didn't get bronchilitis because it's just a severe cold in adults. Did I severe? I can't breathe, runny nose, sore throat, pounding headache. And I can't take anything because I'm nursing. Goodness.

He was so tired he fell asleep in the high chair. Nonnie made him comfortable.

3 comments:
I'm so sorry. How miserable for all of you. My children never had major issues with teething so I have no miracle advise to give. It's a blessing he's so normally good-natured or you would be suffering even more. Hope both of you are feeling better.
I hope you all get well soon. He looks so sad in these pictures but still quite adorable all bunched up. Take care and hopefully this will pass soon.
Poor little guy, he's had a rough winter.
Post a Comment