Sunday, June 12, 2011

Locked In! Part 2

So where were we? Oh yes, I had just unscrewed one of the screws in the door and was about to be freed. So here we go, just.one.more.screw and we are FREE! Fingernail clippers turned screwdriver is in place and ready to go. Then the unexpected and totally frustrating, what am I going to do now? The screw head was stripped just enough that my "screwdriver" wouldn't work. Really?!? Can you be kidding me? I could see the light at the end of the tunnel and all of a sudden, darkness. Now what? 

At this point I am pretty sure I have exhausted every option and "tool". I looked out the window again to see if daddy was home. Nothing. I had no clue what time it was but I knew it was late. Ok, thinking cap. I am now Winnie the Pooh. Think. Think. Think. Still nothing. 

Frustration sets in again. Annoyed again. Maybe if I shove the comb into the door, I can jiggy behind the doorknob thingy to push it in and viola! the door would open. Wrong again. 

Giving up was now about the only option, giving up and waiting for daddy. What to do now? Read books was about it but then I remembered there were these old read a-long books with cassette tapes stashed in Chase's closet. That would be fun and I wouldn't have to "read" since I was exhausted. 

I grabbed the little bookbag they were in and decided on "Winnie Pooh and the Blustery Day." Chase didn't get it at first, you know the little bell of when to turn the page, but after a few pages though he got it and loved it. 

While we were sitting on the floor reading the book I thought I heard Brad come in the door but wasn't a 100% sure. I didn't want to yell out to him and alarm the boys especially if he wasn't home. So I just stomped one foot on the floor, our signal to come up. 

Minutes past and nothing. Ok, so it wasn't him as I thought. Back to enjoying the book with Chase. It was dark. It was late and here we were on the floor reading an animated book. And well Callen was doing his thing, really just playing and exploring. 

The book ended and I just knew it was real late and wasn't about to start another one. I needed to get the boys to bed, somehow.

"Chase honey it's time for bed. We are all going to get in your bed and maybe when daddy comes home, looks in the monitor and sees us all in your bed sleeping, he'll wonder why and come up and rescue us." 

"Ok mommy."  

Callen is so overtired that he walks over to the door trying to open it. "I know Callen mommy wants to get out too."


I pick him up and then tuck in Chase, turn off the lights and start to walk around rocking Callen and singing Rock-a-bye Baby. 


Then, what is that I heard? Is that footsteps? I think so. I stop singing.


To be continued...

3 comments:

Stacy said...

Ok, now you are just being mean. lol. Great story telling ability you have though. I can't wait to read what happens.

Michelle said...

WHAT DO YOU MEAN "TO BE CONTINUED?"!!!!! That's just plain old mean!!!!!

Salviano Adão said...

MUITO BOM! Eu acredito que Deus criou o homem e deixou o manual de instrução, a “BÍBLIA SAGRADA!” A bíblia é a divina revelação da palavra de Deus e não produtos enlatados, eu costumo dizer que: “As pessoas precisam parar de comer tudo o que dão. E começar a questionar! ” Alguém escuta alguma coisa de alguém, e saem falando, sem questionar, sem saber se é verdade ou não. As pessoas precisam se perguntar! Será que a minha crença esta de acordo com a lei de Deus? Será que a religião que eu nasci sempre me falou a verdade? Quando uma pessoa morre pra onde ela vai? Ela volta? A bíblia apóia o homossexualismo? Quem não herdara o reino de Deus? O que devo saber sobre idolatria, imagens e escultura? O que devo saber sobre o único batismo? Será que tem uma seqüência para salvação? A quem eu devo me confessar, quem pode me perdoar? Religião salva alguém? Essas e outras perguntas e respostas em:
www.aunicaverdadeemsuapropriabiblia.blogspot.com
Você pode dizer, eu já sou salvo amém! Vamos atrás de quem não esta, “Se você quer se dar bem com o mundo seja hipócrita, mas se você quer se dar bem com Deu seja verdadeiro!” divulgue este site, porque: “Eis que vêm dias, diz o Senhor Jeová, em que enviarei fome sobre a terra, não fome de pão, nem sede de água, mas de ouvir as palavras do Senhor. E irão vagabundos de um mar até outro mar, e do norte até ao oriente; correrão por toda parte, buscando a palavra do Senhor, e não a acharão." ( Amós cap 8 ver 11 e 12 )Fale para outras pessoas, por que “O Senhor não retarda a sua promessa, ainda que alguns têm por tardia: mas é longânimo para convosco, não querendo que alguns se percam, senão que todos venham a arrepender-se.” (II Pedro cap. 3 ver 8) e “Que quer que todos os homens se salvem, e venham ao conhecimento da verdade. Porque há um só Deus, e um só Mediador entre Deus e os homens, Jesus Cristo o homem. (I A Timóteo cap 2 ver 5 e 6)
Seja sua bíblia, católica ou evangélica, aqui você vai tirar suas duvidas.
www.aunicaverdadeemsuapropriabiblia.blogspot.com
E conhecereis a verdade, e a verdade vos libertara (João cap 8 ver 32) Se você tiver coragem de perguntar, a bíblia terá coragem de responder! Tradutor de mais idiomas