Sunday, June 20, 2010

Friends, Family and Water Fun

This past week I had to fly solo while Brad had a business trip to Las Vegas. It was me and the boys on our own from Monday night to Thursday afternoon. It went very well, not that I didn't think it wouldn't, but it can be exhausting to do everything yourself and with a newborn, it could have went either way. Well except for Tuesday night, it went well.

Tuesday night Chase decided to get up in the middle of the night, well more like 3 am. And after I consoled him, Callen then woke up, once he was fed we both fell asleep, but then Chase woke up again. Let's just say this went on for 2.5 more hours. I was so extremely tired as I would get woken up after only being out for 15-30 minutes. Finally I got upset with Chase and told him I wasn't going to accept him getting up anymore and to go sleep. Thankfully he and Callen slept in that morning, which meant I did too.

Anyway back to the Friends, Family and Water Fun.

Tuesday we met up with Katie and Julie and the kids at Burnaps to enjoy some yummy food and let the kids play. We ended stay for almost 2 hours. It was a beautiful day and the kids enjoyed themselves as did the mommies.

After Burnaps, Chase and I headed to Geneva to meet up with Nonnie, Cara, Cara's new boyfriend and the kids at the splashpark. It was past his nap time when we left Burnaps but I figured he'd nap on the way to the splashpark, which he did and be ready to play. Once we got there he had to wake up and was a little hesitant on doing anything.

But it didn't him long to embrace the splashpark and have a ball. Aunt B took him out first while I fed Callen, then he came back for a quick little snack, then it was mommy's turn to go. It is such a fun place because you can enjoy it with your kids and not get wet.

He just randomly got up and sat and looked right at me. Too funny.

Look. Here it comes. Here it comes. Right there.


On our way home we stopped at McD's to finish the day with a yummy fudge sundae. Yes, I knew it would be a messy occasion as he enjoyed his sundae by himself in his car seat. But ice cream washes out and you can't round out a summer fun day without ice cream.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

That looks like such a cool place. My kids don't really like getting splashed but they are getting better. Chase looks like he's having a good time.