Friday, April 9, 2010

Just so tired....

I have so many posts lingering in the back unpublished but by the time I get done, I have no energy to edit the photos that go with. There are so many wonderful, memorable posts just waiting for me to hit "publish" but I so can't without photos, just not the same. Eventually, maybe tonight, we'll see.

We're getting down to the wire with just 5 weeks or 38 days to go, as my little baby countdown reminds me everyday. So much to do and so little time.

The past two weeks have been exhausting between out trip to D.C., having an awful cold and now preparing the baby's room. I remember this time with Chase, his room was painted and all his clothes put away in his dresser. His little brother, not so much. His room is actually worse off than Chase's ever was, well at least Chase had carpet in his. I tore out the carpet in the office over a year ago and we purchased laminate wood flooring to replace.

So far I am getting there with the baby's room, the paint color was picked out, which is half the battle most of the time. And I happy to say that the one I chose was the one I used. First time, I think, that I didn't take it back to get adjusted. But after painting the walls it was too "baby" for me so I've added my own flare. Pictures of before and after will soon come, but first the "after" must be completed. A much harder task with a 2 year old to entertain.

I feel bad when I have to tape and paint, like I am denying Chase some good mommy time but I try to involve him too, which is interesting. But after tomorrow the last bit of paint will be completed and Brad will start to put the floor down. Then we can start putting together the furniture. Soon enough it will be complete. Now to organize all the "stuff" that was in that room and what to do with it. I foresee purging more in my future...office stuff, odds and ends, toys and the list goes on. Just when I thought I was doing well.

Just so tired...by the end of the day I am whipped. Between work, keeping up with housework, baby preparations, lia sophia, enjoying the outdoors...well I am just pooped. But no complaining, I am thankful I have all of the above, just really ready for the room to be done.

I guess instead of this post I could have edited some pictures. Maybe I will do just that.

No comments: