So onto the fun-filled Friday. It started with a morning bike-ride to Katie and Gracie's house to pick them up to ride on up to a little fruit stand to buy Chase some "booberries", as Chase calls them. After our ride, we visited with Gracie and Katie and then my mom and Aunt Bev, who is visiting from Florida, stopped over to visit. After a little visit and separating the kids now and again, they fight like siblings sometimes, I left and biked home, well detoured to a garage sale first, picking up some fun toys for Chase. Then on home we went to visit some more with my auntie and mom while Chase napped.
After visiting I did some lia sophia paperwork and cleaned, of course. Chase finally woke up and we called Katie and Gracie again and met at The Apple Shed. We saw the animals, played in the corn pool and went down the slide. They both had so much fun. Chase loooved the animals as did Gracie. But as I was playing photographer, Gracie was watching the "crazy" chicken and PECK, the stupid thing pecked her finger. Ok so she was a little close but not unsafely close, just observing them. She didn't know what to do, she whimpered a little, but handled it quite well. Dumb chicken, we eat chickens like you for dinner.



These are happy photos. 


Gracie grabbing Chase, Chase pushing Gracie, Katie stopping Gracie. 
C'mon Chase we have animals to see....
Chase stood like this for a good 5 minutes just staring at the ducks and goats.
The crazy chicken.
So after an hour fun-filled visit to The Apple Shed we headed home. Chase, daddy & I had a parade to get to. Grandpa S. faithfully every year sets up station along the parade route, with a grill on the top of his truck and has a grillin'-parade party. We were there until about 8:15 and decided to leave even though the parade wasn't over, but Chase was done. He was soooo tired.
It was such a fun day, days like these are why I can't wait to go part-time. They will only be this age once and I will never-ever get it back. I am so thankful God had it in his plan for Katie and I to have kids so close in age. It may be a surprise to some but it was not planned but always wanted, but thankfully God had it in His plan so that we can share these special moments.
2 comments:
sounds like a fun weekend! I hope to one day have friends with children close to ours (when we have our own)
Love the Apple Shed! My kids still love that corn slide and they are getting old.
Post a Comment